WHY TANZANIA SAFARIS ARE TRULY UNIQUE
Tanzania National Parks & Game
While Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro, needs little introduction and looms proudly with brightly snow-capped peaks, the Serengeti’s expansive plains and the Ngorongoro Crater in the north offer the safari of drama and legend. Zanzibar, the spice island, entices with turquoise hues, white glistening sands, and UNESCO heritage, enhancing Tanzania’s kaleidoscopic variety and making it even more enticing for anyone interested in going on an African safari for the first time.
Some consider Tanzania to be the apex of East African safari vacations.
- Beautiful Beaches: Zanzibar and Pemba Islands just off Tanzania’s coast offer incredible beach destinations from where you can relax after your safari.
- Big Cats: Few places in Africa can offer the density of big cats as the great Serengeti National Park.
- The Chimpanzees of Mahale: Staying on the shores of Lake Tanganyika, daily treks depart into the forest to track our closest relatives.
- Kilimanjaro: World’s highest freestanding mountain and the highest point on the African continent.
- The Great Wildebeest Migration: One of nature’s truly great events, as the enormous herds migrate towards fresh pastures.
- Namiri Plains: This huge expanse of the Serengeti is one of the ultimate big cat locations.